BRIDGE CHURCH MINISTRY POSITION
Position: Worship Pastor
Time Commitment: Full Time
Purpose: To connect all people to the person, power, and purpose of Jesus through worship.
Job Summary: The primary role will be to provide spiritual leadership and worship through the use of music and arts at Bridge Church and to the surrounding community.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Will be responsible for planning worship music for various occasions, mainly for Sunday Worship Experiences in collaboration with the Executive Worship Pastor.
- Sermon Theme/s.
- Ministry moments: communion, water baptism, baby dedication, etc.
- Special conferences, Nights of Worship, funerals, weddings, and other events.
- Will be responsible for leading, training, and developing musicians, worship leaders, and singers.
- Meet weekly for practices and rehearsals for appropriate teams.
- Meet regularly with individuals and teams to provide coaching and gift development through an effective evaluation process.
- Will need to provide an atmosphere of community and spiritual health within teams:
- Have regular team devotions, events, and outings.
- Offer pastoral care for individuals within your teams as needed (hospital visits, follow up, discipleship).
- Challenge yourself and your teams in the area of personal growth.
- Will be responsible for staying current in and implementing new worship trends with equipment, audio-visuals, etc.
- Will be responsible to work with Media and Technical Pastor in the area of sound, lighting, production, and streaming.
- Give and help develop ideas for improving live, as well as streaming worship experiences.
- Will be responsible to create, monitor, and change annual goals and budgets as needed.
- Will be responsible to adjust and perform any new areas deemed necessary by the Executive Worship Pastor to fulfill the purpose and vision of this position.
- Must be a born-again Christian, believe in the baptism/gifts of the Holy Spirit, and feel a call of God into ministry.
- Must have a solid understanding of scripture and be in agreement with the Statement of Faith of Bridge Church.
- Must have organizational and leadership gifts.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must be a person of character being faithful in the things of the Lord as to not hinder his/her witness and ministry.
- Must possess a commitment to personal growth and the growth of the ministry.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to the growth and development of individuals.
- Must be an active member of Bridge giving monthly tithes as an act of worship.
- Must be able to manage time well and work without constant supervision.
- Must possess a great attitude, sense of humor, and work in harmony with the pastoral and lay staff.
TEAM MEMBER ATTRIBUTES:
- Life-giving spirit and attitude.
- Pursue excellence.
- Must embrace the mission of Bridge Church with integrity and passion.
- Heart of a servant.
SOME POTENTIAL REASONS FOR TERMINATION:
- Moral failure.
- Bad attitude.
- Lack of good job performance.
- Lack of worship through tithing.