Ministry Position Description
Ministry: Children’s Ministry
Time Commitment: Full-time position.
Position: Children’s Pastor (VB Campus)
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Ministry Development
Purpose: To connect all people to the person, power, and purpose of Jesus who interact with
Job Summary: The primary role will be to provide spiritual leadership and oversight to Bridge Kids volunteers and ministry (birth through fifth grade) and expand the educational program for children at Bridge and in the surrounding community.
- Responsible for planning all programming and ministry for children ages birth through fifth grade for all campuses:
- Childcare Check-in
- Bridge Kids Nursery (birth – 2 years).
- Bridge Kids Preschool (2 years – 5 years)
- Bridge Kids Elementary (6 years – fifth grade)
- Responsible for leadership, training, and development of the Bridge Kids’ staff and volunteer teams:
- Meet regularly with individuals and teams to provide support, encouragement, accountability, and direction for their ministry.
- Create, evaluate, monitor, and change team goals and budgets as needed.
- Choose and evaluate curriculum for each grade level that will be used across all Bridge campuses.
- Responsible to provide continuing education to teams through available classes and conferences.
- i.e. CPR training, child abuse detection, safety procedures, “Bridge You”, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring interns who are interested in growing in the area of children’s ministry.
- Responsible for staying current and implementing new trends with equipment, curriculum, facility décor, audio-visual, etc. in Bridge Kids’ ministry.
- Responsible to provide pastoral care and general resources for children and their families within the church.
- Hospital visits and follow-ups.
- General resources: social services, Christian family counseling, learning disabilities, new parents, single moms, etc.
- Responsible for managing and organizing church special events. Special events could include (but not limited to):
- Christmas Program
- Fall Festivals
- Children Singings
- Responsible to perform any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Executive Pastor of Ministry Development to fulfill the purpose and vision of this position.
- Must have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and believe and operate in the gifts of the Spirit.
- Must feel a call by God into children’s ministry.
- Large church or multi-site church experience a must.
- Must have excellent communication skills (i.e. one-on-one, phone, written, public speaking, etc.)
- Must have organizational and administrative gifts.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must be a person of character being faithful in the things of the Lord as to not hinder his/her witness and ministry.
- Must be able to manage time well, and work without constant supervision.
- Must be an active member of Bridge giving monthly tithes as an act of worship.
- Must possess a great attitude, sense of humor, and work in harmony with the pastoral and lay staff.
- Must have a desire to continue in personal growth and learning.
SOME REASONS FOR TERMINATION:
- Moral failure
- Bad attitude
- Lack of good job performance
- Non-compliance with employee manual or authority